Enterprise Deployment

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I'd like to deploy Starlight as part of the Mac and Windows loads at least at my installation (possibly the Agency). Has anyone done that?

I'm guessing the current 1.0 release wouldn't be a good choice, since it doesn't work with Firefox 3.5.*. Any rough idea of when 2.0 might be ready for release? I'm not going to get any traction for deploying beta software.

For Windows, the two dll would need to be deployed, while for Mac it's just the plugin, right?

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 8:05 PM
I’m not sure I can give a hard deadline for 2.0 at the moment, but a best guess would be that we have 2.0 QA’d and released somewhere in the Dec-Jan timeframe. I don’t anticipate any large changes to the code, at this point it’s more a matter of Qaing/regressing it before we mark it as released.

You are correct about deployment: 2 dll’s for windows (one for IE, one for Firefox), and 1 for Mac (for Firefox and Safari).

Mike

On 10/29/09 12:52 PM, "bwalls" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'd like to deploy Starlight as part of the Mac and Windows loads at least at my installation (possibly the Agency). Has anyone done that?

I'm guessing the current 1.0 release wouldn't be a good choice, since it doesn't work with Firefox 3.5.*. Any rough idea of when 2.0 might be ready for release? I'm not going to get any traction for deploying beta software.

For Windows, the two dll would need to be deployed, while for Mac it's just the plugin, right?

Read the full discussion online <http://projectstarlight.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=73537&ANCHOR#Post251340> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com <mailto:projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com?subject=[projectstarlight:73537]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings <https://projectstarlight.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Does the current 2.0 beta fix compatibility issues with Firefox 3.5 on Mac?

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 7:50 PM

As far as I know…but as I mentioned, the 2.0 beta has undergone very little QA so your results may differ.

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 12:49 PM
To: Michael Poindexter
Subject: Re: Enterprise Deployment [projectstarlight:73537]

Does the current 2.0 beta fix compatibility issues with Firefox 3.5 on Mac?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I'm guessing Dec-Jan guess was optimistic. Are you still working on development, or should I be waiting on Silverlight 4?

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Optimistic it was.  Essentially 2.0 has been blocked behind some internal work (the release cycle is based on the release/QA cycle of the product we are shipping that embeds a component that builds on this code), but it's been getting some QA love over the past month or so.  I've just checked in fixes for what is hopefully the last round of QA.  If all goes well we will post 2.0-final sometime next week.  2.0 has some fairly significant fixes, and has undergone a good deal of testing on a wide variety of client machines.  2.0 will most likely be the final release (minor bug fixes aside) as Silverlight 4 will be shipping soon and have built in support for multicast (Yay!).

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Can you tell if the Firefox 3.5 and above issue of not being able to play a multicast stream has been fixed? Thanks.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM
Yes, I believe this is fixed in the latest version.

On Sep 14, 2010, at 9:58 AM, pankajchaudhari wrote:

Can you tell if the Firefox 3.5 and above issue of not being able to play a multicast stream has been fixed? Thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.