Integrating Starlight with existing player

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate the Startlight project into my Silverlight player. I already have the javascript function as it is on the sample player page (pluginLoaded function) and the native plugin declared. I am exposing the Multicast Controller on the fly, i.e., after the player starts playing a stream, it receives a string with the Multicast URL (http://xxx/multicast.nsc) and then I do the following:

this.Bridge = new Starlight.Lib.MulticastController();
                HtmlPage.RegisterScriptableObject("Bridge", this.Bridge);
                this.Bridge.AttachMediaElement(me);        // me is a MediaElement object
                this.Bridge.LoadPlaylistAsync(rec.ToString());  // rec.ToString is the URL of the .nsc

What happens is the error:

Script error occurred at line 1: Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application Could not load file or assembly 'Bloom, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(ModuleHandle module, Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, RuntimeTypeHandle* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount)
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandle(Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext)
   at System.Reflection.Module.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, Module decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.IsCustomAttributeDefined(Module decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.IsCustomAttributeDefined(Module decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.IsDefined(Type type, Type caType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.RuntimeType.IsDefined(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Windows.Hosting.ScriptingInterface.VerifyScriptableObject(Object instance)
   at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.RegisterScriptableObject(String scriptKey, Object instance, Boolean isRestricted)
   at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.RegisterScriptableObject(String scriptKey, Object instance)
   at Test_Player.Page.UpdateVideo(Suggestion rec)

I already had the Native Plugin registered for IE ( through regsvr32) and for Firefox ( in the plugins folder).

Do you know what is causing this?

Thank you all.