Problems with Firefox 3.5?

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I was finally able to get Starlight working with my multicast stream on Windows in Firefox 3.0.* and IE7, and on Mac in Safari 4 and Firefox 3.0.*, but not in Firefox 3.5.*. Anyone else seeing problems? Have advice? Here's what I get in the Firefox error console:

Error: uncaught exception: Error calling method on NPObject! [plugin exception: System.InvalidOperationException: [Common_MethodFailed]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=8.0.40624.0&File=System.Windows.Browser.dll&Key=Common_MethodFailed
   at System.Windows.Browser.ManagedObjectInfo.Invoke(ManagedObject obj, InvokeType invokeType, String memberName, ScriptParam[] args)
   at System.Windows.Browser.ManagedObject.Invoke(InvokeType invokeType, Int32 memberID, ScriptParam[] args)
   at System.Windows.Hosting.ScriptingInterface.InvokeScriptableMember(ManagedObject obj, InvokeType invokeType, Int32 memberID, ScriptParam[] args, ScriptParam& pResult)
   at System.Windows.Hosting.ManagedHost.InvokeScriptableMember(IntPtr pHandle, Int32 nMemberID, Int32 nInvokeType, Int32 nArgCount, ScriptParam[] pArgs, ScriptParam& pResult, ExceptionInfo& pExcepInfo)].

Error: uncaught exception: Error calling method on NPObject! [plugin exception: System.InvalidOperationException: [Common_MethodFailed]

Arguments:

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=8.0.40624.0&File=System.Windows.Browser.dll&Key=Common_MethodFailed

at System.Windows.Browser.ManagedObjectInfo.Invoke(ManagedObject obj, InvokeType invokeType, String memberName, ScriptParam[] args)

at System.Windows.Browser.ManagedObject.Invoke(InvokeType invokeType, Int32 memberID, ScriptParam[] args)

at System.Windows.Hosting.ScriptingInterface.InvokeScriptableMember(ManagedObject obj, InvokeType invokeType, Int32 memberID, ScriptParam[] args, ScriptParam& pResult)

at System.Windows.Hosting.ManagedHost.InvokeScriptableMember(IntPtr pHandle, Int32 nMemberID, Int32 nInvokeType, Int32 nArgCount, ScriptParam[] pArgs, ScriptParam& pResult, ExceptionInfo& pExcepInfo)].

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM

It appears as though the native plugin is not compatible with Firefox 3.5.  I've checked in a fix that I have briefly tested.  I will test further next week to ensure that this works on Mac, and doesn't break Firefox 3.0.x or Safari.  If that succeeds I'll release a new build.  Until then, you could try to build the latest from source control and see if it fixes Firefox 3.5.

Mike

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I'm still working on Firefox 3.5 support, but other priorities have gotten in the way for the moment.  I will post a new release soon with support for FF 3.5.

Sep 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Hi, any news about the firefox 3.5 problem?

thanks