How to view a multicast stream

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM

My company has a quicktime multicast stream set up for testing. Does the Silverlight multicast support work with any source or just windows media services? Also, I can't find documentation ANYWHERE on how I would configure my client for this. Can anyone help or point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Just Windows Media Services.  If you wanted to support multicast of another protocol Silverlight has the tools to build it yourself as long as the media being streamed uses a supported codec.

dpotochniak <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

My company has a quicktime multicast stream set up for testing. Does the Silverlight multicast support work with any source or just windows media services? Also, I can't find documentation ANYWHERE on how I would configure my client for this. Can anyone help or point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Thank you so much for your reply. You don't happen to know of any examples that explain/show how to do this?
Again, thank you!
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM, mpoindexter <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Just Windows Media Services.  If you wanted to support multicast of another protocol Silverlight has the tools to build it yourself as long as the media being streamed uses a supported codec.

dpotochniak <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email projectstarlight@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com